Sunday, June 29, 2008

This has been a fair weekend, working Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Average Friday and Saturday has been about 17 and 18 dollars an hour respectively. Sunday was a disappointment, "only" making 16.40 an hour. In the past, Sunday has been very profitable, but I couldn't tell you how many times the tip was less than a buck or nothing. Its like people are thinking "I have money left at the end of the month! I can get a pizza!" but not give a good tip.

Our jr fair is coming this week, and the company has a trailer there for sales. Its the job of the drivers to keep it supplied. It'll be interesting to see how close we can park to the trailer for the deliveries. I also wonder how it'll affect normal deliveries, seeing as its also the 4th of July weekend (yes, I'm working Friday too). Maybe people will be too tired for cooking on Sunday, and we'll get more orders. Who knows?

Oh, and despite the poor tips today, the last delivery was highlight in that when I was pulling up to the stopsign, I noticed 4 young raccoons running towards me-They hesitated at the street seeing me and my car, but then kept going...right under the car and out the other side. Cute, but considering they were young and it was still daylight, I wonder what happened to their mother.

No comments: