Sunday, June 22, 2008

One month to date

Slow and busy

Did Friday lunch, about 1.5 hours. This has been the lowest earning point since the training days, at just over $13 an hour, and that includes the night shift I also did.
Saturday started off slow, picked up a little bit, and made just a hair over 16.50 an hour. Hey, look at the camels in the pasture! Saw both kinds in a field on my way back from a delivery. Owner must be a shriner or sumpin'. Also made a delivery to "two dollar lady" on main street. Pays with a check just two bucks over.

Sunday turned out to be a doozy. 10 hours, 18.40 an hour, 100 miles driven! First thing the manager asks me to do is go to the lumberyard and pick up some bags of driveway patch. Oh, did I mention I drive a truck? Nah, I don't mind. Nothings going on and washing dishes can get old fast.
One of the early deliveries turned out to be at an address where I'd been paid by a check with a 2 cent tip. I wasn't too happy about another delivery, but this time the guy paid cash with a nearly 4 buck tip. OK, my opinion of this guy improved.
Now, today, I'm supposed to be the first driver off, but one the other drivers called in sick, so I'll be staying later. I don't mind, just extra money for me, and the family is away for the day anyhow.
I'm almost done with the shift, I get taken off deliveries (cashed out, to turn in bank) to prepare stuff for the next day, and eventually go home. A few minutes later the manager comes up and asks me to do a triple delivery, and of course I say "sure!".
First delivery is to a cheap ass woman. Her order is for 16.24. Gives me a twenty and a quarter, I give her the pizza, say "Thank You, have a nice day" and turn to leave..."What about my change?!?", "Sure, how much would you like back?" "Four dollars". Cheapass bitch.

Other than that, a pretty good weekend. We also got our regular paycheck today too.

Today also marked the end of my first month of delivery, having started May 25th.
I made $752 in tips, not including the small change, and about $340 in regular pay. Thats 1092.00. Now, that doesn't account for gas and taxes, so its not quite the "extra thousand a month" that Dave Ramsey says you can make. On the other hand, I'm only part time. A full timer can do better.

We spend a lot of that $752 in things like extra gas, field trips, car parts, etc. Pretty much like blow money. I wound up having $307 left. Some of that will go to gas, some will be what I call "emergency" blow money. In the future, this stuff will have to stop, cause we now have an $1000 emergency fund, and everything SHOULD be accounted for in the budget.
So if something comes up, and regular blow money can't cover it, then something else gets adjusted to make up for it. Birthday presents aren't emergencies.

No comments: